WELCOME to ErieBankruptcyBlog.com. Foster Law Offices is proud to offer a comprehensive online resource where our Erie readers can connect with the latest news in the bankruptcy industry and gain valuable information on filing Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Erie PA. In addition, you can give us feedback via the monthly poll question and share your stories through the comment portion of the site. Welcome from Mr. Debt Buster & the team at Foster Law Offices!



















Erie, PA Bankruptcy Blog

Blogging about Bankruptcy Topics in Erie County & Erie, PA.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Living Like A Celebrity Made Me Bankrupt!

MILLIONS of women dream of living like a celebrity, but life can become a nightmare for those who splash the cash.

An epidemic of overspending among women has been called the "Kerry Katona Effect" after the reality TV star went bankrupt due to her lavish lifestyle.

In just three months this year, 14,827 women were declared bankrupt and they now account for a record level of 48 per cent of personal insolvencies.

The Sun interviewed three women whose taste for all things expensive, took their bank accounts into the negatives - here is one of their stories:

Aimee, 35

AIMEE ROBINSON lives in Bexhill, East Sussex, with builder husband Marc, 37, and son Harry, 15. She has been bankrupt twice – in 1999 and 2006. She says:

"When I look back at my celebrity obsession now, it was horrific. I loved the WAG lifestyle and Cheryl Cole in particular. That was exactly the way I wanted to live.

"When I went out, I ordered Krug champagne for £150 a bottle – because that is what the stars drink.
"Even though the outfits I bought were expensive, I only wore them once. I read all the magazines to see what they were wearing and spent £800 on Dior handbags and £500 on Jimmy Choo shoes.

"My car had to look like one a celeb would drive so I bought a Mercedes SLK sports car and paid an extra £3,000 to have the dashboard encrusted with Swarovski diamonds.
"When Jessica Simpson was pictured with her Bichon Frise dog, I decided I had to have exactly the same dog. I bought a puppy for £500... and flew to America to buy her a designer outfit.

"I paid £1,000 every few months for hair extensions, had my teeth whitened, spent £1,000 on botox, £2,000 on lip injections and had a £10,000 breast enlargement, going from a 34A to a 34DD.

"At the time of my first bankruptcy I was a single mother, working as a beautician. I maxed up my credit cards and store cards until I couldn't pay any more. I was £20,000 in debt.

"The second time I had 30 credit and store cards and debts of £85,000. I'm glad I learned my lesson, but millions more young women are going to fall into the same trap."

Read the rest of the article written by The Sun.


0 comments:

Post a Comment